Beat the egg whites hard with a pinch of salt and sugar, add the yolks one by one and at the end mixing the flour with a spatula, turn it over in the shape of a cake with paper and leave it in the oven over low heat until golden brown.
Peel a squash, grate it and put it in a bowl and put it on the fire together with the sugar and after it has melted, without boiling, add the hydrated gelatin; mix well until it dissolves and put the bowl in the fridge. harden a little then mix with whipped cream; I do not reconcile at all with these sachets, or maybe I can not wait to wait so I used 3 sachets of gelatin sheets.
The form in which we baked the top, we covered it in food foil, we put the top, we syruped a little then we poured the cream on top, we leveled the surface and we left it in the fridge until the next day when we decorate the cake and serve.
1. Cut the watermelon into small cubes and clean the seeds as much as possible. Wash the strawberries well under a stream of cold water, remove the stalks and cut into quarters. Raspberries, blueberries and blackberries are washed well under a stream of cold water.
2. Wash the cherries, remove the stalks, remove the seeds and cut them in half. Ideally, cut all the larger fruits so that it is easy for your dwarf to eat this delicious summer salad.
3. Add all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently, without crushing, together. Sprinkle with freshly squeezed lemon juice, leave to cool in the fridge and serve this perfect dessert for hot summer days. Of course, if you have other fruit ideas, which you think would work perfectly in this combination of summer salad, you are free to experiment with the sweet tastes of summer.
If you found this article useful, LIKE our Facebook page, where you will find at least other equally interesting articles.
The best and simplest summer dessert. Astonish everyone with a melon cake
Take advantage of one of the tastiest parts of the summer - watermelon - and present it in the form of a refreshing and quick to prepare cake.
No hot oven and no long hours of preparation. I found the fastest, tastiest and most refreshing cake you can make this summer. The best part is that you only need 4 ingredients for it and the result is spectacular and appetizing.
You can make it bigger or smaller, depending on the occasion and the watermelon you find to buy. It is a perfect dessert for hot summer afternoons and has extremely few calories compared to a classic cake.
Refreshing melon cake
Ingredients (for 12 servings):
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 1 watermelon (3-4kg), preferably from a seedless variety
- 580ml creamy cream for whipped cream
- 50g old
- seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- optional: fresh mint leaves
With a sharp knife cut the ends of the watermelon so that it has the shape of a cylinder.
Peel it, including the white part, taking care to keep the beautiful shape of a round cake. From the cut heads he digs with a special tool melon core balls.
Beat the cream with the gradually added sugar, then the seeds from the vanilla pod. At the end you will get a sweet and fragrant cream.
Place the cleaned watermelon on a plate and line it with paper napkins so that it absorbs excess moisture.
Spread the whipped cream over the entire surface of the melon. Place the hollowed balls on top and decorate with mint leaves.
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.
5 melon recipes to try this summer
1. Appetizer with watermelon
A slightly eccentric aperitif, perfect to surprise your friends at a home party. It is made quite easy and will certainly not go unnoticed. In addition, it brings together many interesting flavors.
2. Non-alcoholic cocktail with watermelon
How to cool off this summer? With a refreshing cocktail based on watermelon! It is free of alcohol, so it is also addressed to those who plan to drive that day. The appearance is very beautiful, especially when served in a special glass. And the combination of watermelon, mint and lime works great!
3. Daisy with watermelon
How to cool off on a hot summer day? Learn from the people of Mexico and make a margarita at home! Even if you now find all kinds of special devices for daisies, all you need is a blender and a juicy watermelon. You will only use a little of it, so keep the rest cool!
4. Gazpacho of tomatoes and melon
A surprise for melon fans! Gazpachouli is a cold vegetable soup, whose origin takes place in southern Spain. Today we wanted to play a little with the basic recipe, and add an even fresher ingredient, namely melon. The dish is perfect for cooling off on a hot summer day.
5. Watermelon turret with cream
Summer is that time of year when we prefer refreshing fruit desserts. And what fruit can be more refreshing than watermelon? The recipe below brings the watermelon and the melon, and the two fit perfectly together. Add whipped cream and a little mint to this combination and see what comes out! You may be surprised.
Eclair cake with watermelon
Even though it is called ecler cake, this dessert is not made with scalded dough, as eclairs are made, but with digestive biscuits, vanilla cream, delicious melon and a little chocolate frosting on top. After the dough in the biscuits is tender, the taste will be reminiscent of that of the eclair, and the watermelon will cool you completely on the hot days.
- digestive biscuits (several packages, so you can create the top of the cake & icircn several layers)
- 2 packets of vanilla pudding
- watermelon slices (not very thick or very long)
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 80 g butter
- a tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa.
Method of preparation:
1. Take a 22x33 cm tray, line it with waxed paper, then place a first layer of digestive biscuits on its bottom.
2. Prepare the vanilla pudding according to the instructions on the package and leave it to cool a bit before adding it over the biscuits. Put a layer of melon slices, then carefully pour over them the vanilla cream (half of it), level & acircnd it with a spatula.
3. Place a new layer of biscuits on top of the vanilla cream, then again a layer of melon slices and again a layer of vanilla cream (the other half). Put another layer of biscuits on top of the cream.
4. Now you have to prepare the chocolate icing, just like in the classic ecla. Break the chocolate pieces and put them in a small saucepan with the butter, a tablespoon of water and coconut oil. Leave the pan on medium heat and mix the ingredients well. If you want to be sure that your cream does not burn, you can make it at bain-marie. After the cream is homogenized, take it off the heat and put the cocoa powder on it, in the rain, mix it quickly, so that no lumps form.
5. Pour the cream over the last layer of biscuits and level it (it should not be too thick). Alternatively, if you don't want to make chocolate cream at home, you can buy a chocolate frosting mix in stores.
Ecla melon cake It should be left in the fridge for at least four hours, but it is best to leave it overnight so that the flavors penetrate and the biscuits soften enough.
If you don't like the vanilla pudding in the package, here's how to make a milk cream for eclairs like in a confectionery!
Image from Pixabay
ingredients: 4 large slices of watermelon, a teaspoon of fresh lavender flowers, a teaspoon of honey, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, a teaspoon of vodka.
Method of preparation: in a pan, put on the fire the lavender flowers, but also a slice of watermelon. Stir for 10 minutes until the flavors blend. Leave to cool, then mix with honey and lemon juice. All this time a whole watermelon is kept cold.
Then cut the pulp into very small cubes. Add the vodka. And finally we pour the juice with melon and lavender. The presence of alcohol is not necessary if we want to prepare this dessert for children. Alcohol causes the taste to become more intense, in fact it amplifies the aroma of lavender flowers.
Watermelon cake is a delicious seasonal recipe. For this cake recipe, first prepare the base or the top.
The biscuits are cut (larger pieces) or grated on a large grater and then mixed with butter (soft), then kneaded. If the biscuits are cut without cinnamon, add cinnamon.
The circle in the shape of a cake is placed on a plate, greased with oil or butter and glued on it (inside) baking paper. Place the biscuit dough as a base, press, then level.
The melon slices (200 grams) are crushed (puree), add the sugar and vanilla sugar and put in a pan to heat a little - not to boil! Meanwhile, soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes (according to the instructions on the envelope). When the watermelon puree with sugar is hot, soak the galatin (5 min.) Drain well, pressing it and add it to the melon puree (in this way: put a little warm melon juice over the soaked gelatin, mix, then add the gelatin thus dissolved to the melon puree). Leave to cool.
Before the gelatin hardens, add the vanilla and whipped cream quark. Put this composition over the 'dough' of biscuits, level it, then make a small hole and leave it in the fridge overnight. What is put on top: The pieces of watermelon (500 grams) cut into large pieces, together with the water and sugar are put on the fire when heated (be careful not to boil!). Mix with soaked gelatin, remove from heat and allow to cool.
Until the gelatin hardens, put this composition over the cake (taken out of the fridge) and put it back to cool.
Remove the hardened cake well from the fridge, tie the metal circle (from the shape of the cake) and the baking paper.
This is a typical German cake, meaning their cakes are made like this (mostly): & # 39podea & # 39 biscuits crumbled and mixed with butter (biscuits differ, depending on the recipe), followed by & # 39crema & # 39 (whipped cream with quark - that is, fresh cheese, like a cream - and fruit plus gelatin or cream and yogurt and fruit plus gelatin etc.) and fruits with gelatin on top.
It's easy, without oven, can be tried by those who make a cake with gelatin for the first time (if the recipe is followed to the full stop).
ingredients for 16 pieces, for a shape with a diameter of 26 cm .:
For & # 39block & # 39 (base): 200 grams of biscuits, 125 grams of butter (soft)
For the cream: 200 grams of watermelon (pieces), 75 grams of sugar, a packet of vanilla sugar, 8 sheets (foils) of white gelatin, 300 grams of quark with vanilla (& # 39Vanillequark & # 39), 600 ml of whipped cream.
On top: 500 grams of watermelon (pieces), 250 ml of water, 50 grams of sugar, 3 sheets of gelatin.
For decoration- powdered sugar and mint leaves.
Observation. 1 The recipe said "cinnamon biscuits" (& # 39Zimtkekse & # 39), but I put butter biscuits and added cinnamon powder when I made the "assessment". Replacement was mandatory, because I found out at the store that cinnamon cookies are "seasonal", they only appear on holidays.
2. I exactly followed the recipe (quantities) because I used a form with a diameter of 18 cm, I calculated about two thirds of the initial quantities, namely: 130 grams of biscuits, 80 grams of butter. Cream: 130 grams of watermelon, 50 grams of sugar 5.3 sheets of gelatin, 200 grams of vanilla quark, 400 grams of whipped cream. Above: 330 grams of watermelon, 170 ml of water, 30 grams of sugar, 2 sheets of gelatin.
1. Cut the biscuits (larger pieces) or shave on a large grater (I broke pieces, those with butter are crumbly) and then mix with butter (soft), then knead. I also added cinnamon.
[attachmentid = 115030]
2. The circle in the shape of a cake is placed on a plate, greased with oil (I used butter) and glue on him (on the inside) baking paper.
We put straight & # 39podea & # 39 (base) the biscuit dough from point 1 and press, then level.
3. Melon slices (200 grams) crush (puree), add sugar and vanilla sugar and put in a pan to heat a little - do not boil & # 33
Meanwhile, soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes (according to the instructions on the envelope). When the watermelon puree with sugar is hot, the soaked galatin (5 min.) Drains well from the water, pressing it and adding it to the melon puree. (in this way: put a little melon juice over the soaked gelatin, mix, then add the gelatin thus dissolved to the melon puree). Let it cool.
4. Before the gelatin hardens, add the vanilla and whipped cream quark.
Here you can see what the vanilla quark is like - a thick cream (write on the box that it contains: quark, yogurt and flavors, etc.):
Put this composition on top of the "biscuit", level it, then make a small hole and leave it in the fridge overnight.
I left it in the freezer for about an hour until the cream hardened, I did a little deepening, I left it in the freezer for another hour, then I made the melon compote to put on top.
What we put above:
5. Pieces of watermelon (500 grams) cut into large pieces, together with water and sugar are put on the fire to heat (be careful not to boil & # 33).
Mix with soaked gelatin (as I did above), remove from the heat and leave to cool.
Here you can see how we cut the melon pieces, whoever has more patience can cut them artistically
6. Until the gelatin hardens, put this composition over the cake (taken out of the fridge) and put it to cool again. [i]
7. The well hardened cake is taken out of the fridge, we take the metal circle (from the shape of the cake) and the baking paper.
Decorate with powdered sugar and mint leaves.
First of all, cut two thin slices out of watermelon, take out different shapes with caterpillars, put them on a plate and leave the remaining pulp in the fridge, cut them into cubes, stopping a few tablespoons, the rest is finely chopped, put the puree obtained in a bowl. on the fire with the sugar and leave it just as it is hot and the sugar has melted, put the bowl aside, add hydrated gelatin for 5 minutes in cold water, mix well to dissolve and mix everything then leave in the fridge for 30-40 minutes .
During this time, whip the cream until it rises, then mix it lightly with the hardened cream from the fridge.
In the small form of cake, covered with cling film, put half of the cream, biscuits, over melon cubes biscuits, and biscuits, and cubes then cover with the rest of the cream, level the surface, put on top the cut shapes, the envelope jelly cake and leave in the fridge until the next day, when the cake is removed from the mold, remove the foil, cut and serve.