- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
- Pan fried chicken breasts
A super-delicious pasta, which is packed with chicken and grilled prawns in a creamy sauce. Serve with a side salad and/or garlic bread, if desired.
44 people made this
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 30g butter
- 250ml double cream
- 125ml milk
- 450g linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125ml white wine
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 225g prawns
- 3 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr5min
- In a small bowl, mix together the chicken seasoning, cayenne pepper, white pepper, onion powder and garlic granules. Divide spice mixture in half.
- In a small frying pan, melt butter over low heat. Slowly stir in cream, milk and 1/2 of spice mixture. Continue cooking over low heat, stirring frequently, until slightly reduced and thickened to desired sauce consistency. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to high heat. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Carefully stir in wine and remaining spice mixture. Place chicken breasts in the frying pan and cook for 16 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink in centre and juices run clear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly oil barbecue cooking grate. Cook prawns on preheated barbecue for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly opaque. Serve each chicken breast on a bed of linguine topped with grilled prawns. Ladle generously with cream sauce. Garnish with Pecorino Romano cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Alternative cooking methods
If it's too cold to start up the barbecue, simply cook the prawns under the grill.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(48)
Reviews in English (37)
by Kristen O'Brien
This was GREAT! I did have some modifications. I saw that most reviewers were not happy with the sauce b/c it was too thin. I added about a table spoon and a half of corn starch to thicken it up. It really helped. Be sure to stir it well thought to get out all the chunks. I also doubled the amount of cayenne pepper b/c I really like spice food. It made the dish have a nice zing to it. If you've ever had spicy chicken and shrimp at a restaurant...this tastes just like it. I also chopped up the chicken as recommended by other reviewers. I didn't want to go through the hassle of grilling the shrimp so I cooked it along with my cubed chicken and it turned out great like that. It gives the shrimp a chance to cook in the wine and olive oil to soak up the flavors too. This is a great meal for the whole family. Enjoy!-26 Apr 2007
by Jan in Dallas
Wow, the procedure as written is incorrect. Season the chicken and shrimp. Sauté the chicken in olive oil. Add the shrimp when the chicken is almost done. When both are done, remove from pan. Deglaze the pan with the wine, add the butter, then add the cream. I'd omit the milk. Add seasoning to your sauce and reduce to your desired consistency. Plate the pasta, divide chicken and shrimp, top with your good sauce. Never leave the goodness from sautéing meat in the bottom of your pan! That's the secret to a great sauce.-11 Mar 2014
I thought the recipe called for too much pasta. I also couldn't get the sauce to thicken. The recipe doesn't say to discard the wine when done cooking the chicken, it should, or did I do it wrong? Overall we did like it and it was better the next day but I had to make up some more sauce.Would make it again with some adjustments. We also cut up the chicken before tossing it with the pasta and sauce. Michele, Cambridge, Ontario-25 Mar 2002
Chicken pasta recipes
Combine two of the nation's favourite ingredients in comforting dishes, ideal for midweek family meals. You just can't go wrong with chicken pasta.
Chicken, squash & pesto lasagne
This alternative pasta bake is great for making in batches- assemble the layers of mascapone, chicken, basil and butternut then freeze or bake
Chicken & broccoli pasta bake
This dish can be assembled ready for baking a good few hours ahead - and it's all cooked in one pan
Chicken pasta bake
Enjoy this gooey cheese and chicken pasta bake for the ultimate weekday family dinner. Serve straight from the dish with a dressed green salad
Chicken & bacon pasta
Toss chicken and bacon with ribbons of tagliatelle in a deliciously creamy sauce to make this easy pasta dish. Serve with a green salad for an easy supper
Recipe: Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce Yummy
Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce – Juicy prawns in a sweet, spicy, garlicky sauce, this Chilli Garlic Prawns is super quick to make but packs a serious flavour punch! ? SPICINESS – Adjust spiciness to taste with chilli flakes not Sriracha because the sauce needs the vinegar in Crispy Grilled Shrimp (Prawns) with Lemon Garlic Butter. Learn How To Make Butter Garlic Prawns Recipe At Home, from The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar only on Get Curried. Rosemary is a strong flavored, woody herb which works well joints of meat, stews and soups. It is best used sparingly.
Photo "Prawns in garlic and butter sauce" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license. If grilling shrimp without shells, skip the next two steps. To grill the shrimp in their shells, you need to open the shrimp so they lay flat in their shells on the grill. Tasty Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce recipe and process is really a culmination of the small ideas I`ve realized over the past 3 years. Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce happens to be a week-end preparing challenge, which is to express you`ll need a couple of hours to perform it, but once you`ve got the strategy down you are able to cook more than one portion at a time for household picnics or just to possess cool locations to eat from the refrigerator on a whim.
In this morning, We are going to show you steps to make Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce At home with simple ingredients, exactly like Chinese restaurants. My Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce recipe is the better on earth!
I will even coach you on how to utilize up leftover steamed rice and ensure it is into an appetizing, cheap, and flavorful meal for your family!
I tried applying somewhat less water than normal, which includes been suggested elsewhere. It served a little often, but different instances, I’d to include more and more water as the quinoa was cooking. Then, the dried quinoa assimilated way too much of the dressing I added later.
How to make Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce?
Whether you live on your own or are an active parent, finding enough time and power to prepare home-cooked dinners may seem such as a overwhelming task. By the end of a hectic time, eating out or buying in may feel like the quickest, easiest option. But comfort and prepared food may take a significant toll on your mood and health.
Restaurants often offer more food than you should eat. Many eateries function amounts which are 2-3 times bigger than the suggested dietary guidelines. This encourages you to consume significantly more than you would at home, adversely affecting your waistline, blood force, and threat of diabetes.
Whenever you prepare your possess foods, you have more get a handle on over the ingredients. By preparing for yourself, you can make certain that you and your family consume fresh, nutritious meals. This assists you to appear and sense healthier, raise your energy, support your fat and temper, and enhance your rest and resilience to stress.
You can cook Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce:
- Prepare 250 gr of Prawn.
- Prepare 100 gr of Butter.
- You need Half of lime for marinated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Spices sambal :.
- It’s 3 of small chili.
- It’s 1 of large red chili.
- It’s 2 stalk of lemongrass.
- Prepare 3 sheets of kefir lime leaves.
- Prepare 3 of red onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare Half of tsp shrimp paste.
- It’s to taste of Salt and sugar.
Allow prawns to marinate in the sauce while you warm up the grill. Shrimp in Hot Garlic Sauce is always my go to choice for Chinese take out. I have been trying to re create it for a few months now, and this recipe is pretty darn close. Boil the pasta following pack instructions.
Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce instructions:
- Chopping all spices sliced and mix. Fried with butter. Side.
- Marinated shrimps with ingredients. Put on skewer and grilled..
- Mix with spices and Serve.
Prawns cooked in plenty of butter with lots of garlic. You can also find more Snacks and Starters recipes like Aloo Ki Tikki – Grill Pan Cheese Sandwich With White Sauce Taste : Spicy. Ingredients for Butter Garlic Pepper Prawns Recipe. Chicken wings seasoned with Traeger Pork & Poultry rub, sauced with the perfect blend of honey, garlic and hot sauce and grilled over alder wood. These wings are seasoned with Pork & Poultry Rub, grilled and tossed in a delicious spicy honey garlic sauce for an out-of-this-world wing.
It’s cheaper to eat junk food than Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce
Initially view, it may seem that ingesting at a fast food cafe is less expensive than making a home-cooked meal. But that is rarely the case. A study from the University of Washington School of Community Health revealed that folks who cook in the home are apt to have healthy over all food diets without higher food expenses. Another examine found that regular home chefs used about $60 per month less on food than those that ate out more often.
I don’t understand how to cook Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce
- If you are discouraged by the prospect of planning a home-cooked food, it’s important to keep in mind that preparing is no correct science.
- It’s generally completely OK to miss an element or replacement a very important factor for another Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce.
- Search on the web or purchase a fundamental cookbook for quick menu ideas.
- As with anything, the more you cook, the greater you’ll become. Even if you’re a complete beginner in the kitchen, you’ll soon master some quick, balanced meals.
What recipes should I take advantage of for Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce?
Simple oils like canola, vegetable and peanut fat have higher smoking points, making them suitable for frying chicken. Find out more about choosing the proper gas for frying.
What should and mustn’t be done when preparing Grill Prawn with Garlic Butter spicy sauce
- Ensure every thing is frozen in a sealable package or bag.
- Meat particularly needs to be precisely wrapped.
- Make bread right from fridge, anti-waste strategy urges.
- Remember that such a thing that has a top water content, like lettuce, won’t be the identical following being frozen and then defrosted.
- Make an effort to freeze everything when at their freshest. Defrost beef completely before preparing, but other items such as for example bread for toasting can be prepared straight from the freezer.
- Never refreeze natural meat that’s been frozen and then thawed – you can, however, freeze cooked
meat that was icy when raw.
- Ensure the fridge isn’t loaded therefore full that air can not circulate.
Methods for starting out!
Begin with fresh, healthy ingredients. Cooking sweet treats such as for instance brownies, cakes, and cookies won’t help your wellbeing or your waistline. Likewise, adding an excessive amount of sugar or sodium may transform a healthy home-cooked dinner into an harmful one. To make sure your diet are good for you in addition to being delicious, start with healthy substances and quality with spices as opposed to sugar or salt.
Inventory up on staples. Elements such as for example grain, pasta, olive oil, spices, flour, and inventory cubes are staples you’ll likely use regularly. Maintaining cups of tuna, beans, tomatoes and bags of icy veggies available may be valuable in rustling up rapid meals when you’re sent for time.
Give yourself some leeway. It’s ok to burn up the grain or over-cook the veggies. Following a few tries it will get simpler, quicker, and nicer!
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Divide the garlic, parsley, thyme and lemon zest between 2 bowls. Add the juice of 1½ lemons to one of the bowls, followed by the mustard, yogurt, 2 tbsp water and 1½ tbsp oil whisk together to make a dressing. Season pop in the fridge.
- Stir the remaining 1½ tbsp oil into the second bowl season. Brush a little over the flatbreads, then arrange on a baking sheet. Brush more of the oil over the cut surfaces of the Little Gems and set aside.
- Lay the chicken breasts on a board, &lsquoopening&rsquo them up as much as possible. Bash the thickest parts gently with a rolling pin so the breasts are an even thickness. Add them to the second bowl and turn to coat.
- Heat a large griddle or frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot. Cook the chicken in a single layer for 3-4 mins each side, turning, until well-coloured and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and squeeze over the remaining lemon. Keep the pan on the heat and add the lettuce halves, cut side down. Cook for 1-2 mins until beginning to char, then transfer to a board.
- Bake the flatbreads for 7 mins until warmed through. Meanwhile, slice the chicken breasts crosswise into strips and stir the dressing well. Divide the flatbreads between serving plates and top with the lettuce, cucumber and chicken. Serve with the dressing and cheese.
For top tips on protecting you and your family when preparing raw meat and poultry, visit Food Safety in the Home.
Grilled Cajun prawns
Wash the sweet potatoes and slice in the processor.
Put into the lidded pan with a pinch of salt, then cover with boiling water and the lid.
Put the prawns into a roasting tray, squash over the unpeeled garlic through a garlic crusher, then toss with the Cajun seasoning, 1 tablespoon of oil and the thyme sprigs.
Spread out in a single layer and pop on a high heat for a couple of minutes to crisp the bottoms of the prawns up, then place under the grill until the tops are sizzling, golden and crispy.
Deseed and roughly chop the peppers and put into the frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil.
Trim and slice the celery, spring onions and chilli, and add to the pan along with the sweetcorn and paprika.
Season with salt and pepper and keep things moving.
When cooked through, drain the sweet potatoes in a colander.
Return to the pan and mash well.
Grate in the cheese, mix well and season to taste.
Scatter the veg over the mash and serve with the crispy prawns and lemon wedges.
Watch how to make Chicken and prawn paella
- For this chicken and prawn paella recipe you will need:
- 30ml (2tbsp) olive oil
- 175g (6oz) chorizo sausage, sliced
- 450g (1lb) chicken fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 225g (8oz) paella rice
- Few strands saffron
- 900ml (1¾ pt) chicken stock
- 100g (4oz) green beans, halved
- 225g (8oz) cooked tiger prawns
- 5ml (1tsp) ground paprika
Chicken & Prawn Glass Dumplings
FIRST making the filling by combining all the ingredients in a big bowl and mixing well and cover the mixture and set aside in the refrigerator.
PLACE the wheat starch, tapioca flour and salt, if using, into a bowl and mix well and then pour in boiling water gradually and stir quickly with a pair of chopsticks to incorporate the flour.
Add the oil and continue to stir until a ball forms.
Turn the hot dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead manually until smooth and pliable, dough is formed.
Cut the dough in half and wrap tightly in cling wrap to rest for 10 minutes.
BEFORE working with the dough, lightly flour or oil the work surface.
Cut dough cylinder into 2.5cm pieces, you should have about 10 to 12 pieces to make the wrappers.
It is best to make these wrappers in multiples of 5 at a time and the remaining pieces should be kept under damp tea towel or cling wrap because you want the dough to remain soft and pliable.
WORKING one portion at a time roll out the dough with a rolling pin to form 9cm to 10cm discs.
PLACE a wrapper on your palm and spoon two teaspoons of the filling into the centre and brush a little water along the edge of the wrappier and using your gingers, gather the edges of the wrapper and fold to form a three-sided pryamid-shaped dumpling.
Cover the dumpling as make them to prevent them drying out.
PLACE the dumplings in steamers that have been lined with baking paper punched with holes.
Cover and steam the dumplings over simmering water in a wook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until transulcent.
Best Grilled Marinated Shrimp Recipe
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup (80ml) dry white wine
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemery leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 2 pounds (960 g) shrimp, shlled and deveined
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine the shallots, garlic, mustard, wine, lemon juice, oil, rosemary, parsley, basil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Add the shrimp and stir to blend. Refrigerate and let stand a minimum of 2 hours.
When ready to cook, preheat a cleaned,well-scrubbed outdoor grill to high. Brush the grill lightly with oil. Arrange an equal number of the shrimp-perhaps 7 or 8-on 4 skewers. Arrange them so that they will lie flat and touching when placed on the grill.
Place the skewered shrimp on the grill and cook 1½ to 2 minutes, or until the shrimp can be lifted from the grill without sticking. Turn the shrimp and cook them 1½-to 2 minutes, or until done. Remove grilled shrimp from the skewers and arrange them, edges slightly overlapping, on each of 4 plates. Serve grilled shrimp with lemon wedges or, if you wish, with beurre blanc, or white sauce, spooned over.
- 1/2 cup salted capers&mdashrinsed, soaked for 1 hour and drained
- 1/2 cup oregano leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
On a cutting board, finely chop the drained capers with the oregano leaves and garlic. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, along with the lemon zest and lemon juice. Season the sauce with pepper.
Light a grill. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Thread the shrimp onto metal skewers and grill over high heat, turning once, until the shrimp are lightly charred and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the skewers and transfer them to a platter. Spoon the sauce on top and serve.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta
If you’ve checked out my shrimp tacos or many of the other shrimp recipes I’ve got on the blog, you know that we LOVE shrimp around here.
I am always a sucker for a creamy, indulgent pasta. And that is exactly what this Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe is. Its creamy, carb-y heaven on a plate. And you’re going to love it.
Recently I was craving something creamy with just a little kick to it and I always have some pasta in the pantry, so I thought I would indulge myself . The result of my indulgence you ask? This recipe for Cajun Shrimp Pasta.
Succulent shrimp are simmered in a creamy Cajun sauce with shallots and bell peppers before tossing the mixture with fettuccine. Rich and Creamy, Cajun-y goodness! Who could resist?
But first, since I tend to get some questions on this, let’s talk a little bit about shrimp.
How do pick the right size shrimp?
Shrimp is usually sold by the number it takes to make one pound. When shopping for shrimp you will see numbers like 31/40, 51-60, U- 10. 31/40 means there are 31 to 40 shrimp per pound. 51 to 60 means there are 51 to 60 shrimp per pound and U- 10 means that there are under 10 shrimp in a pound.
When I make pastas, I like to use smaller shrimp, usually 51 – 60. I like to use this so that once I toss the pasta there is more shrimp throughout the entire dish.
How do you thaw frozen shrimp?
More often than not, I will use frozen shrimp when I am cooking. But frozen shrimp should always be thawed first.
To thaw frozen shrimp, simply put it in a colander underneath cool (not hot) running water for several minutes. Then pat the shrimp dry and they will be good to go.
You can also place the shrimp in a bag (or use the bag it comes in if it comes in one) and submerge it under cool water. This method may take longer but you won’t need to continually run water.
How do you devein shrimp?
Please, friends, always devein your shrimp before cooking.
If you want to make things easier, which I tend to do, buy E-Z peel shrimp. These shrimp are already spilt and deveined so you don’t need to do it.
If you buy shrimp that isn’t deveined don’t worry, it is pretty easy to do. Simply use a pairing knife to cut a slit down the back of the shrimp and move the black vein that runs down the back.
Now a little bit more about this Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
It is creamy. It has a little kick. It’s decadent and indulgent. And, quite honestly, one of my favorite ways to enjoy pasta.
I do use a cajun seasoning blend to give it that kick. You can find them pretty easily in your local grocery store, it might be called blackened seasoning as well. You can also make your own.
For the creaminess, I use heavy cream and sour cream. I like the extra tanginess that the sour cream adds.
For the pasta part, you can pick any pasta you like for the most part. Keep in mind that you will want a pasta that can handle a heavier sauce so I would skip angel hair. Linguine or fettuccine work fabulously.
This Cajun Shrimp Pasta is easy enough to make on a weeknight and fancy enough to make for a date night at home. A little salad and wine and you are good to go.
Note: Originally posted 2009. Tips, nutrition facts, photos and a new video added 2019.