The past ten days have been an absolute whirlwind. I’ve traveled over a thousand miles by car and been tied to a computer for days. This weekend, I hope to take it easy; plans include a visit to the farmers’ market, pilates, and clinking fresh cocktails with friends.
These cocktails are a seasonal spin on the classic mojito. I suspect any sweet summer fruit would make a great mojito mixer, but cherries seem particularly well suited. The slight sweetness of the rainier variety mixes well with mint. Bing cherries might be even better, but I haven’t had a chance to try. If you do, please let me know!
Rainier Cherry Mojito
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
- Category: Cocktail
This rainier cherry mojito recipe is so refreshing. It’s a naturally sweet cocktail that’s perfect for hot summer days.
- 8 cherries
- Small handful fresh mint leaves
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar or raw (turbinado) sugar
- 1 ½ ounces white rum (Myer’s is my favorite)
- Club soda
- In a mixing glass, thoroughly muddle cherries, mint, lime juice and sugar.
- Stir the rum into the mixture.
- Fill a collins glass with ice and pour your mixture into the glass. Top it off with club soda.
- Mix by pouring the drink back into your mixing glass, then back into your drinking glass.
- Sip. Relax. Enjoy.
▸ Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
This is the third post in my summer cocktails series (and my only post this week—sorry!). Don’t miss my first cocktail, the beautiful red bell, or last week’s strawberry smash!