Preparation Snails with coconut
Put the flour in a bowl. Put the yeast dissolved in warm milk and a lgt of sugar over the flour. Knead the dough by adding oil, sugar, salt and vinegar. A not very hard dough should come out, which is left to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the filling. We put the milk on the fire together with the sugar and the coconut. Let it boil for a while then leave it to cool.
On the floured table we spread the dough in a thickness of approx. 0.5 cm and grease it with cooled coconut. Roll well after cutting thick slices of about 4-5 cm. Place face up in a tray lined with baking paper. Put in the oven at the right heat until nicely browned on top.
Snails with coconut they are so fragile and fragrant !!! I wish you good luck!
How to cook with coconut flour
Coconut is usually grown for its raw pulp, oil, water and milk inside, but recently for its flour. The Philippines is currently the largest producer of coconut and was the first country to produce flour as a by-product of coconut milk production. The growing demand for natural plant products to be used for medicinal purposes for the prevention and treatment of diseases has led to the appreciation of the multiple health benefits of consuming coconut products.
Many researchers are currently recommending the inclusion of coconut flour as a supplement in a healthy diet due to its benefits including antibacterial and antifungal properties. Whether you are following a strict diet, looking for a flour that does not cause allergies or simply want to stimulate the digestive and immune system, coconut flour is an excellent addition and a staple in the kitchen.
What is coconut flour?
Coconut flour producers initially sold this nutritious by-product of coconut milk to farmers. They appreciated it as an excellent organic fertilizer and a good animal feed product. In recent decades, as more and more studies have shown the health benefits of coconut flour, the consumption of this superfood by humans has increased.
Coconut flour is obtained from the pulp of fresh coconut given by grater. The pulp is then dehydrated and degreased. The result is a fine powder that looks and looks a lot like wheat or other flour. The purest and most organic form can even mislead a good connoisseur due to the lack of flavor.
Coconut flour does not contain gluten
Coconut flour has different health benefits unlike other coconut products, such as oil and is a good alternative to regular flour. Considered a functional food, coconut flour has significant health benefits and is also very nutritious. It is a rich source of dietary fiber and protein, contains no gluten and has a low glycemic index.
Coconut flour is especially recommended for those with inflammatory problems due to the consumption of wheat and gluten. Coconut flour is safe for people who suffer from celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, have permeable bowel syndrome or diabetes.
Photo source: https://goo.gl/Of9HCN
Recommendations for the use of coconut flour
Despite the fact that coconut flour can look, taste or even smell like any other refined flour on the market, it becomes a real challenge and it can be frustrating and expensive to cook with it without a few tips. Coconut flour is like a sponge and can be quite difficult to cook with such an absorbent product.
Here are some tips to replace 100% wheat flour with coconut flour:
1) Use it as a thickening agent: Due to the high degree of absorption, coconut flour is a very good thickening agent in soups, stews and even smoothies. For this reason, it is recommended to keep it in the refrigerator or freezer, in airtight containers to avoid attracting moisture.
2) Experiment to get what you want: Generally, for each cup of traditional flour you should use about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of coconut flour. You may like to use more or less, so it is good to experiment to get the desired texture.
3) Binding ingredients: Recipes usually include an additional source of protein such as eggs or hemp powder to compensate for the binding properties usually provided by gluten. Flax seeds are also an excellent binding element that contributes to its own health benefits in the coconut flour recipe.
http://www.organiclifestylemagazine.com/how-to-cook-using-coconut-flour - coconut flour
Keep up to date with the news of Viata Verde Viu.
Articles on a healthy lifestyle, recipes and more.
Chocolate with coconut
I will try to intensify the rhythm in which I post the recipes, so as not to run out of inspiration :) Deeeci. how did you like the chocolate?
in fact, I was looking for something to eat with this pasta, and look what I came across. now I have a doubt. what I do.
it looks so good.
:)) You resort to a compromise solution: prepare only half of the above recipe, enough to satisfy your cravings and pleasantly surprise your husband)
And beautiful and chocolatey. )))
Bright holidays with your loved ones! Happy Easter!
Happy Easter with all your loved ones!
Happy celebrations! I tried the recipe today, it turned out great! I modified it a bit, it's true because I didn't have enough coconut, I only put 80 g and I added 80 g of almonds. It was delicious, because already. was! I like your recipes because they are well explained and easy to make. Congratulations! While a recipe for drob, that Easter is over?
Thank you! Congratulations to you for the idea of almonds, too bad they are not as affordable as the breed of coconut (at the price I mean). I do not venture to advance once, but I will definitely put the drob on my list of future recipes.
I put almonds, because I had no more nuts. :-D As for the price, in Kaufland (I hope there are no problems, I don't want to advertise) it costs 3 lei per 80 gram bag, the flakes or quarters of almonds version - I used quarters.
It's no problem, sometimes we also do free advertising :) Especially since I think their price is pretty good.
I can not believe. I spent the whole day reading and enjoying your recipes. I saved your site to favorites and I'm getting ready to try all the recipes! you are strong, especially if you are a man. -) golden hands :-) Ramona
I'm glad to hear that you did this and I would be even happier to hear that you tried all the recipes. I'm not so strong, of course there are others much better than me, but I was lucky that you found me, not them :)
lol, well, it's never too late! well k I found you though :-) I could not detach from your site today, here I am :-) I put my recipes in order of priority tomorrow: Lasagna (I really want to try your recipe, for k I've done it before and I'm always looking for improvements and new tricks :)) and so on. desserts 2! & quottavalita & quot cake and biscuit salami. I'm dying for them, especially k abroad you miss home, and a cake eaten as a child calms you down a bit :) and your recipes look great! Talk to you soon ! Ramona
Hehe, I'm trying to be modest, too. so stop looking, you're wasting your time: D Plus my site is addictive, and after a day spent here I think you have no escape :) I like your choices, I hope it is as expected and you soothe homesickness.
Snails with coconut - Recipes
Method of preparation :
It took : rub the fresh yeast with the sugar, until it liquefies, add the warm milk and leave it to rise for about 15 minutes.
Flour, together with the soft butter and lard, knead them with your fingertips, add the rest of the ingredients and knead a dough that does not stick to your hands. Divide the dough into 4 parts, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
We spread each piece of dough with the rolling pin, between 2 food foils.
Filling : mix the egg whites with a pinch of salt, add the sugar, mixing until it melts, and finally the coconut. Mix with a spatula. Divide the filling into 4 and grease each piece of dough.
Roll with the help of cling film, then slice with a sharp knife. Place the snails in the large stove tray lined with baking paper, with the distance between them.
Bake the snails in the preheated oven, at 180 degrees Celsius, for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
How to break coconut
As hard and woody on the outside, coconut is as good and nutritious on the inside. It's not an easy thing to break, especially if you don't walk with the machete behind you. If you want to know how you can get to the delicious interior right in your own kitchen, read below and watch the video made by us.
A number of studies have shown that people in countries where a lot of coconuts are consumed are in good health. This exotic and special fruit would contain, according to a study published in 2006 by the Ceylon Medical Journal, a type of fat that helps to lose weight. Yes, you read that right. What's more, it's rich in fiber for about 7 grams per cup of grated fruit. In the same cup you will also find 60% of the daily requirement of manganese, in addition to copper, selenium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc.
1. First and foremost, you need one fresh fruit! You can check this by shaking the nut in front of the ear. If you hear liquid inside, that's fine. You can also take a look at the 3 holes that are at one end of the fruit, to see if no mold has formed.
2. Now, be very careful, you have to drill the ones 3 holes. For this you need something sharp, hard and long, such as a screwdriver or a stronger metal skewer. If you can't drill, use a hammer. We want to pierce the fruit and reach the inside full of liquid.
3. Drain the liquid into a glass. Taste it to see how sweet it must be. If it is, then you can already drink it with confidence.
4. Heat the oven about 200ºC, then put the walnut in for 15 minutes. When you take it out, let it cool a bit.
5. Maybe it's already cracked, maybe not, anyway, hit her with the hammer to undo it.
6. Dig out the pulp, peel it, then shave it. That's if you don't want to eat it like that.
Try also… Tosca cake, with vanilla and chocolate
A cake jewel, delicious and creamy - For this recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 8 egg whites
- 150 g poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 sachet baking powder
Ingredients for the last layer:
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 150 g biscuits
- 250 ml of water
- 100 g sugar
- 50 ml oil
Ingredients for vanilla cream:
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons starch
- 8 yolks
- vanilla essence
- 600 ml milk
- 50 g butter
Method of preparation:
1. For starters, we prepare the countertop. Using a mixer, beat the egg whites. Add sugar, salt, lemon juice and mix well. Add baking powder, coconut, poppy seeds and flour. Mix well until smooth.
2. Pour the dough into a tray covered with baking paper. Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
3. For the vanilla cream, beat the egg yolks with sugar. Add the milk, starch, mix and bring the composition to a boil over low heat.
4. After mixing, take the bowl off the heat and add the butter and vanilla essence.
5. To form the cake, cut the top into 2 equal layers. Wallpaper a countertop with previously prepared cream and place the 2nd countertop on top. Decorate with chocolate icing.
Healthy Coconut Recipe:
- 1 & frac12 cups of water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 coconut & ldquo & ldquo dog
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- & frac12 avocado copt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pc. fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- & frac12 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 files
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper
- 1 cup coriander
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 lemon stalk, cut into pieces
- 1 carrot, very thin slices
- Mix all the ingredients in a high speed blender, except for the last four. Add coriander, and stir briefly so that you can still see small pieces of coriander.
- Pour into a bowl and mix with the last three ingredients.
Unusual aspects about Coconut
& ldquoCoco & rdquo meaning & ldquo monkey & rdquo, was the name given to this tropical food by Spanish explorers because of the three notches on the bottom. But these notches are the key to successfully opening the coconut. Insert a screwdriver into the softer hole to drain the liquid into a bowl, then use a sturdy knife to elude the coconut seam. Hit it hard on a hard surface and it will break into two pieces. Voil & agrave!
From ancient times man has made use of coconut shell, milk and oil, which today are known for their many health benefits, and scientists are still studying omega-6 fatty acids, phytosterols, electrolytes, and manganese in walnuts. of coconuts.
One of the most important aspects of coconut is the effect of medium chain fatty acids on the human diet.
The Coconut was once considered to be a center of power, nutrition and healing!
You can read more about Coconut in the article: Coconut: one of the greatest gifts on the planet
Source for this article:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002350.htm - about coconut
Keep up to date with the news of Viata Verde Viu.
Articles on a healthy lifestyle, recipes and more.
Biscuits with coconuts
Some very fragrant cookies are made from coconut, walnuts and white chocolate, which we will teach you how to prepare so that children can enjoy them for breakfast or snack.
Ingredient: 300 grams of flour, 120 grams of butter, 100 grams of brown sugar, 100 grams of white chocolate, 1 egg, 4 tablespoons grated coconut, 50 grams of chopped walnuts, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
Preparation: Mix brown sugar, flour, coconut, salt and baking soda. Mix all these ingredients well and add the egg and slightly melted butter. Knead everything until you get a homogeneous dough.
Chop the chocolate and add it to the dough together with the walnuts and knead again to distribute them evenly. We make balls about 3 centimeters in diameter and crush them a little. Place them on the baking tray with non-stick paper and prepare the cookies in the preheated oven at 190 degrees for about 10 minutes. Once finished, let them cool on a shelf.
The content of the article respects our principles of editorial ethics. To report an error, click here.
Full article: Recipe »recipes» Breakfast and snacks » Biscuits with coconuts
- 1 kg of flour
- 4 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 560g old
- ½ cup of chopped candied cherries
- ½ cup of orange peel and lemon
- ½ cup raisins
- 600g coconut (flakes)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs (beaten well)
- 120g milk powder
- 2 tablespoons almond essence
- 250g butter or margarine (melted).
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add the sugar, fruit and mix until evenly distributed.
- Then add the coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg and continue to mix the composition.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs with the milk, almond essence and melted butter (Before adding the butter, let it cool).
- Make a hole in the flour mixture and gradually add the liquid composition.
- Homogenize the worktop with a spoon. Do not knead by hand or with a mixer, because the baking powder will lose its properties.
- Divide the composition in two and put it in cake trays, greased with butter and lined with flour.
- Add to the oven at 180 o C for 50-60 minutes. You can check if it is baked with a toothpick. If it is clean it means it is baked.
- When ready, glaze the cake with a mixture of 1 tablespoon water and a tablespoon of powdered sugar. Sprinkle granulated sugar on top and add it to the oven for 3-4 minutes.
How to serve coconut cake
- Serve cold as a dessert. It can also be served in the morning, for a coffee.